Monday 26 November 2012

The date that ALMOST was...

Friday night was supposed to be date night in our house.  I say sssssuuuuuuuuuppppppposed to be because the Husband ended up hoping on a plane on Friday morning and then not getting home until the weeeeeeeee hours of the morning on Saturday.

I felt a tiny bit gipped.  I'd be lying if I tried to tell you otherwise.

Here's the thing.  Yes, we got to have our weekend together in October for our anniversary, but since then, we haven't really had any non-event-related quality time together.  I was looking forward to putting on my not-so-skinny-anymore-skinny-jeans, curling my hair, layering on the mascara as thick as I could and dabbing the perfume in some key locations, wink, wink!

I haven't really posted much lately on my weight loss or really at all about how it's made me feel.  Not like how it makes me wake up in the morning, clap my hands and jump out bed in my running gear!  No, I mean, like in my head - where that nasty little voice had taken up residence for so long that I thought I'd never evict her.

When I first committed to losing the weight, and of course started this blog, I used to get on the scale every damn day.  I was on there multiple times a day.  I needed to see the numbers going down.  I needed proof that the constant and profuse sweating and the manic tracking of calories was really working.  Somewhere along my little trip to this spot - like right here, right now, today, I stopped doing that.

I think it was also around the same time that I started really getting involved in my top secret, most amazing online group, that's honestly full of some of the most amazing chicks I have never met in real life but want to have all more than 7.000 in my neighbourhood so that I can have running AND coffee buddies 24-hours a day!  I think that I started listening to their stories - their struggles and their successes and wanting more than to be a particular number on the scale to just be a success story.

I swear, I've been asked about 5,000 times over the last few weeks what I'm doing to lose the weight.  If you'll recall, that's when things get real awkward around here.  I have spent a while thinking about this some more since writing that post and I think I've come to two conclusions about this.  The first is that I'm just awkward and like the taste of my foot when I'm in social settings so I should probably carry some kind of seasoning in my purse so that it tastes a bit better going down.  I'm working on it though, I swear!  The second is that, I cannot put into words (ok, well, when I'm having a real life conversation clearly!) how much this group of ladies has inspired and pushed me.  Not only can I not put it into words, but I think there's a part of me who can't believe it still.

Don't get me wrong.  I look in the mirror, I can see the difference.  I HEAR the compliments and I SEE the looks I get.  I guess my brain just hasn't caught up with my body yet!

So, you know how I'm gonna fix all of this?  I'm gonna get dolled up this Friday night.  Who cares if we're not going anywhere, right?  Why can't a girl get her pretty on just for the sake of getting her pretty on?  Annnnnnnnnd, if it inspires the Husband to take me down out, then so be it!

What are you going to do this week to make yourself feel totally awesome?

2 comments:

  1. we better see photos of you all dolled up!! you are awesome precious girl!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are super sweet Kate! I promise to take some pics and post them - just for you!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! I love getting cyber love!