Tuesday 3 July 2012

I have a little secret


...I'm fat.  Phew!  That just took me like ten minutes to actually type.  Let's say it again, just to make it easier - I'M FAT!
Let me set the record straight here. I'm not obese, but I'm definitely that person who when I step on the scale at the doctor's office for my annual physical, gets the 'you know you really need to lose about 25 lbs just to hit the top end of the 'acceptable' range, right?' speech.  Every year I dutifully promise that I'm going to lose 30 lbs and be back where I was when I got married 10 years ago, but somehow, that physical rolls around the next year and I'm still at a mid-180 mark.  When you're 5'7 (and 1/2 - that 1/2" is REALLY important!) fluctuating between 185-190 lbs isn't pretty.  
So, what's a girl to do?  Blog about it of course!  I've decided that the only way I can actually make this work, is to go public and hold myself accountable for the days, the weeks and months that make up the year that will lead me to my next physical where I will no longer be in the 'over weight' category.  I'm going to take the tire around my middle by the horns and shake the hell out of it!
So, here's a little about me.  I'm a 35-year old mother of two little boys who make me laugh and cry on a daily basis.  I'm married to a wonderful man who would tell me that I was the most beautiful woman alive every day for the rest of my life even if I was 1200 lbs.  For the past 4 years, I've had the luxury of being a stay-at-home-mom looking after all of my boys, but in September, my youngest - Rhys, (Reese) will be going to school every day, full days and I suddenly things will all be different.  Suddenly, my excuses for not going for a walk or a run or why I couldn't find the time to make lunch so the leftover goldfish and sandwich crusts will just have to do probably aren't going to be quite so easy to swallow (pun totally intended) anymore.
I'm not expecting miracles here, but what I am expecting is that I'll have good days and I'll have bad days and I hope that I can share those days with others who will maybe help to keep me honest and on track.
I love to cook, so I'll try to share some of my recipes and meal plans here.  I'm also hoping to share my fitness success stories here.  I've completed a 1/2 marathon and several 10 ks and I'm registered to do a 15 k with my bestie at the end of August.  That's going to be my first big challenge, going from running maybe a total of 8 miles a week to doing 9 in one evening!


So, welcome to my journey.  I hope you'll keep me company on what I hope to be an exciting ride!  Inch by inch and step by step, this time I'm gonna get there and I'm gonna stay there!


...LET'S GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love getting cyber love!