Tuesday, 16 October 2012

And then there were two...

Sleeps that is!  Holy hell!  This week has literally blown by.  And it definitely has blown in more way than one yup, that's what she said!  I haven't exercised since Saturday and my last run was on Friday.  What is happening here?

I honestly was going to do my long run - the big scary 9-miler, on Saturday.  I wanted to just do it and get it out of the way.  Then Saturday happened and the run didn't.  I could pull out any number of excuses, but they're all just that, excuses.  At the end of the day, I was lazy and all I did was JM.  So then I convinced myself that I could do 6 on Sunday and 3 on Monday to make up for my laziness.  That also did not happen.  We had family over for dinner on Sunday and I spent the entire afternoon cooking in the kitchen getting meals prepped for when we're away this weekend (I know, I'm the nicest sister/mama ever!)  So, what about Monday, right?

I'll tell you about Monday.  It started off at 5:30 in the morning - which you may or may not know, doesn't happen around here unless it absolutely has to.  This had to.  You see, my biggest little boy, when he was less than 2 years old, he fell and hit his head quite hard on the coffee table.  We had him checked out by the Dr immediately because he got quite the goose egg on his forehead as a result.  The assured us it was nothing.  That goose egg, it never went away.  As a matter of fact, it continued to grow until it was about the circumference of a quarter.  I know, big right?  So, our pediatrician, sent us to Sick Kids where it was ultra sounded, poked and prodded, but still no one knew what was going on.

Finally, we were sent to see a neurologist there.  He sent us for our first MRI and CT scan - which is an entirely other post about how you can feel like the worst, most helpless parent ever when they sedate your child right in front of you and you can't hold them or talk to them and tell them it's going to be alright.  I know, I'm not scared at all from the experience!  However, what you need to know is 2 things.  First, the MRI and CT scan both returned inconclusive results and showed that the cyst had characteristics of various kinds of tumors but they couldn't be sure of what it was without removing it.  So, they removed it.  Again, another post all on it's own.

The second thing you need to know is that when they did the MRI, they found that my baby had a cyst in his brain as well.  This past MRI was number 4 for my poor little dude.  When he had the second scan two years after the first, they found that the cyst had grown; because of that growth, we now have to have the MRI done yearly.  Last year however, there had been no change.  I'm desperately hoping for the same results this year.

So, Monday started out early AND it was stressful!  However, it was quick and without sedation, we were in and out of there in less than 2 hours.  Unheard of!  So, why didn't I come home and run?  Well, 1) I was a wee bit exhausted.  2) Both of the kids were home with me for the rest of the day because I felt like they deserved some down time after the crack of dawn start to their day!  Plus, the Husband is now out of town for like the next 2 weeks so I thought it would be nice for them to spend some time with him.

The other reason why the Monday run didn't happen?  I felt like poop!  I'm trying desperately to not get the cold that my little man has had for going on 4 weeks now and yesterday it felt like I was losing the battle.  Today, I'm on the fence about who is winning.

Here's the thing.  Whenever the Husband and I plan any kind of trip away, just the two of us?  One or both of us without fail gets sick.  I do NOT want to fly for 4 hours sick again.  I don't, I don't, I DON'T!!  We are flying business class to an adult only, uber romantic resort.  I. Am. Not. Going. To. Be. Sick.

I guess this was my really long way of telling you that it's been crazy around here for the last few days. And even though I really wanted to get my runs in, I haven't.  I am definitely going to be taking my shoes and gear to Mexico, but well, I'm also going to enjoy myself and relax.  I weighed in this morning at 165.5.  So even though it's not a huge decrease, at least I'm back below 166 again.  I'm going to do my best and not overindulge too much on our trip, but I'm going to have fun!

I can't wait to lie on the beach in one of the private little beach beds they have.  I shit you not!
Specially located for privacy and attended by your Beach Butler, our beach beds allow you to share intimate moments while gentle breeze and the sound of the waves pamper you.
I mean come on!  Who can be sick when there's a BEACH BUTLER ready to be at your beck and call?  Whaaaaaaaat?  That's right!  Not this girl!

So, this is probably me signing off until after Mexico so adios amigos!  I will post pics afterwards, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! I love getting cyber love!