Friday 28 September 2012

Ready or not...

Here it comes!  Oh man, I cannot believe I'm about to do this.  I'm actually debating back and forth in my head right now as to whether or not I should.  I want to, I promised I would, but then I thought about it.  I thought about, what if my kids google me and all of a sudden this horrifying image of me shows up on their screen.  Can I live with that?

I'm going to digress for a moment, you know, so that I can mull it all over and avoid committing for a bit longer!

So, truly, I have the BEST bestie that there ever was!  She, for my birthday, got me the gift of lulu!  So, guess who waltzed in there last night and came out rockin' the studio pant?  Oh, that's right...ME!  So, not only do I look a-mah-zing in them, but I got the lined ones (this is important because, wait for it...) I GOT THEM IN A SIZE 8! I haven't purchased anything in a size 8 for, well, probably almost 9 years!  I cannot even tell you how freaking excited I was when those puppies fit!  Here, check it out for yourself!

I should probably buy myself a full length mirror and stop standing on my kids' chair in the bathroom if I'm going to keep taking pics and posting them publicly, shouldn't I?  Ya, that's what I thought!

OK, so there's that one.  The one that I'm excited and happy with (oh, plus, did I mention that the top is ALSO a size 8?)  But then, there's the really bad one.  The one where you can see the giggly bits.  The one that I probably made worse because after my 3.5 miler this afternoon, I actually rolled the top of my running pants down a bit to show MORE of my pooch.  Don't ask me why I did it, there's no real explanation other than I am clinically, absolutely, 1,000,000% insane.  Well, that and, I wanted it to be a true picture and I really want to see the difference that 30 days of doing JM religiously can do to my giggly middle bits.

So, because I promised and because the whole point of this blog is to keep me honest (and well, it's not like my kids aren't going to be scarred for other reasons) here it is.
In my defense, these pictures and the one above are taken at different angles.  I'm not standing on the ridiculous kiddie chair in my giggly pictures.  It's just me, standing in front of the mirror and snapping.

                                               
So, 31 days as of Monday.  31 days to NOT LOOK LIKE...........................THAT!  Giggly bits, go home!  I don't want you no more!

Well, now that I've just done that, it should be a lot easier to post my middle of the challenge pics!

I am currently working out what my incentive gift is going to be at the end of this.  I think that some new clothes might be in order at the end of this, but I'm still working on it.  Any suggestions?

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emilie! You rock girl! I am so thrilled at your bravery to post pictures. Why the hell not - it's liberating ain't it. It's the truth isn't it. Things aren't all Hollywood and we don't all look like Jlo. Anyways, I am so happy that you joining us on this journey! I can't wait to see your progress! And thanks for the kind words about the group in your previous post! ~ Jen J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly was one of the scariest things I've done in a long time! However, it made me realize that the only person who can change that picture is me! If I don't like what I see, I've got to make it look different!
      As for my mention, I can't tell you how much this group and Mama Laughlin have affected my life! I find encouragement and inspiration in the safety of the group every day! Even once I'm at my goal weight, I'll be a regular hooker, don't you worry!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment! I love getting cyber love!